A 2D poetic experience of a mysterious character treading their way through a lifeless, ominous landscape. But with the help of a special lantern and friendly fireflies to light the way, they can reveal a beautiful world underneath, that they utilize to make their way through the darkness and bring life back into their world.
Mixing and Mastering Engineer
A team of 9 students were behind Tread Lightly. The Engine used to build Tread Lightly was built from the ground up in C++ and utilized a component based architecture. Graphics rendering was done using OpenGL. Audio Implementation was done with the help of Fmod Studio's Low Level API. AntTweakBar was utilized for our level editor.
My Contributions to the Project
- Built the Audio Engine with simple to complex functionality wrapped around the Fmod Studio Low Level API
- Implemented a DSP System with features such as Band/Low/High Pass Filters, Parametric EQ and Reverb with manual control on a variety of parameters and interpolation of the values of these parameters
- Implemented a Microphone System with capabilities such as RMS Peak Detection, Frequency Detection, Musical Pitch Detection
- Implemented a system to procedurally generate wind like sound effects using white noise
- Implemented the Audio Component for easy access to the Audio Engine from the level editor/level files
- Composed, Recorded, Mixed and Mastered all the music for the game (Click Here to listen)
- Custom crafted all the Sound Effects utilized in the game
- Foley recorded atmospheric/ambient sounds
- Developed the team website and created all promotional materials for the team
- Was part of the design team and helped iterate on several ideas
- Playtested with testers and created Playtesting Feedback forms on the website for every updated build
- Picked and applied the Color Palette for the entire game
- Edited all video content for the team and made Presentation Slides for every milestone
"The art work and audio are both fantastic, helping to build a great sense of atmosphere. Taking around 15 minutes to complete,Tread Lightly is a sedate but captivating experience as your mysterious, solitary figure traverses the landscape, lighting up the darkness."
- Calum Fraser, FreeGamePlanet.com
"Strongest poetic ensemble we've ever had here. Bar none."
- Rachel Rutherford, Senior Lecturer at DigiPen Institute of Technology