Auricular Hierarchy is a 2D non-linear sound- oriented platformer with minimalist visuals. It is a game about discovery, where the world grows and transforms around music. As players explore an initially plain landscape, they will play a melody by jumping on platforms. Every time a player lands on a platform, a single note plays, which combine to produce a unique sound track. As players bring music into the world, they bring color as well; with every step they take changing the ground into vibrant colors.
Mixing and Mastering Engineer
Particle Systems Programmer
A team of 4 students were behind Auricular Hierarchy. The Engine used to build Auricular Hierarchy was built from the ground up in ANSI C. Graphics rendering was done with the help of Alpha Engine which was essentially a wrapper around OpenGL. Audio Implementation was done with the help of the Fmod Ex Low Level API.
My Contributions to the Project
- Built the Audio Engine wrapped around the Fmod Ex Low Level API
- Composed, Recorded, Mixed and Mastered all the music for the game (Click Here to listen)
- Custom crafted all the Sound Effects utilized in the game
- Built a simple Particle System to generate colorful visuals
- Implemented a simple error handling system
- Programmed the installer scripts for the game setup
- Was part of the design team and helped iterate on several ideas
- Edited all video content for the team
- Packaged the final DVD release of the game